November 2, 2016
Why Should You Work With An Exercise Physiologist?
Here are 10 things you need to know about an Exercise Physiologist and why you should work with one.
- An Exercise Physiologist is a specialist in clinical exercise prescription and the delivery of exercise and lifestyle modification programs for people who are at risk of, or are living with, a chronic disease. So our team of Exercise Physiologist’s are on hand to help design a customised program that will help you achieve your goals and work with your lifestyle.
- An Exercise Physiologist can explain and help you understand how exercise therapy will help to treat or improve chronic health conditions and improve mobility, balance and more.
- An Exercise Physiologist can help you complete your regular exercise program and support you in every stage of your treatment, recovery or health and fitness journey.
- An Exercise Physiologist can help you develop a good technique in a whole range of exercises and activities.
- An Exercise Physiologist works with your doctor, medical specialist, physiotherapist and other health professions to ensure you receive the best treatment, and can send written reports to the referring GP, Practice Nurse or specialist, detailing the your exercise plan and progress.
- An Exercise Physiologist can track your progress and identify changes to the program that need to occur.
- An Exercise Physiologist can treat and manage a broad range of conditions including diabetes and pre diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, cancer, depression, osteoporosis, chronic respiratory diseases and asthma, chronic musculo-skeletal injuries, mobility issues and more.
- An Exercise Physiologist can improve general health and fitness and help adults who are not physically active get back on track.
- Services performed by Body Smart Exercise Physiologist are eligible for rebates from Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, WorkCover and a number of private health funds.
- An Exercise Physiologist has completed 4 years of university training and they are specialised health professionals registered with Medicare Australia and Private Health insurance providers, so they have the skills and knowledge to help you achieve your goals.
If you have any questions about our team of Exercise Physiologist’s and how you can work with one, you can get in touch any time on 1300 630 204 or email@example.com.